One of my favorite foods is Mexican and lately with Vegan foods on the rise, it’s hard finding a great recipe but I came across this one and had to share it from the folks at Jewel’s Bakery and Cafe in Phoenix. Whole Garden Tacos with Cashew Cream, light and easy and super healthy.
Vegan Whole Garden Tacos w/ Cashew Cilantro Cream Sauce
Delicious Mexican Vegan Tacos
- Corn tortillas
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (soaked for 2 hours)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lime
- 1/2 avocado
- Peel and dice sweet potato into squares
- Slice onion.
- Toss in olive oil and salt and pepper
- bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, blend cashews, nutritional yeast, lime juice, mustard, and water until creamy.
- Warm corn tortillas on the stove, or in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- In a pan, sauté spinach, mushrooms, black beans, sweet potato, and cooked quinoa.
- Stuff your awesome tacos with veggies and top with avocado slices, salsa and cashew cilantro cream sauce.