If there is one thing I love it’s pasta. Yeppers! Bring it to me any which way and I’m in hog heaven. But when it comes to summertime, my absolutely favorite way to eat pasta is cold. There is nothing like serving up a delicious pasta salad chalk full of veggies with a creamy sauce and special herbs like my mom used to make when I was a kid.
Now before I jump to the recipe. I want to share with you my inspiration for this. Barilla, the best pasta makers around are celebrating #ShareTheTable which is a fun event and a way for families to grow closer while enjoying the foods they love.
Share The Table is about putting down your electronics, sitting somewhere, anywhere and talking to your kids, sharing as a family the things you feel, think and what’s going on in your life to help reconnect us. In this fast paced world re-connection is important and I love that Barilla as a brand recognizes this. Our family makes an honest effort to share every moment we can no matter what we are doing.
Now on to the recipe!
Mom’s Pasta Salad
Mom's Pasta Salad Recipe
A yummy cold pasta salad you can take with you for lunch, on the go, picnic in the park or where ever you wish to enjoy this delicious summertime dish!
- Barilla Pasta 900 grams any kind you want.
- Block of Medium Cheddar Cheese
- Real Mayonnaise
- Hamburger Relish
- Celery 3 stalks
- Green Onion
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil Barilla Pasta in a large pot until cooked
- Strain Pasta and run cold then hot water over it to remove starch
- Put the pasta in a very large bowl. You will need a bowl large enough to add other ingredients aside from the pasta.
- Chop up celery, radishes, green onion into chunks how you like it.
- Cut up cheese into cubes. You can use any type of cheese you want
- Toss all the ingredient into the bowl and mix dry.
- Add mayonnaise to taste meaning however rich or creamy you want it or not
- Add 3 table spoons of hamburger relish for zip
- A touch of salt and pepper
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour
- Then serve!
Adapted from Grandma
The best part about this recipe is that you can enjoy it anywhere. You can take it for lunch, enjoy it at the beach, add it to a steak off the BBQ as a side dish, or bring it to a friend’s and be the hit of the party. No matter where you are — Mom’s Pasta Salad is yummy and filling and oh so good!
We want you to share with us your favorite pasta salad recipes below. It’s fun to share and try new foods in different ways.