For the past two and half months, I have been experiencing extreme (right) shoulder pain. No efforts from visiting doctors have either alleviated the pain or given me a reason for it, and it’s getting worse. Some days I cannot even move my arm. It’s severe shoulder pain and it’s causing sleepless nights.
I woke up with the pain and my guess was I slept funny. Our mattress sucks right now and I cannot afford a new bed. I must’ve been in a position where my arm was caught underneath me, twisted and wrapped up. Now, I cannot move it and doing so causes immediate pain and tears.
I did go and see my doctor for this and I’m waiting for an MRI scan which could take up to two months. In the meantime, my doctor gave me some helpful advice on how I can try to alleviate the pain I’m experiencing.
It’s funny the things we take for granted, like simply having the ability to move our hands, arms and legs. We just don’t think about what would happen if we got injured. I know that I didn’t.
Pin Me For Later!
How To Help Severe Shoulder Pain
- Apply heat or cold to help with the pain. Use a reusable heating pad, a rice bag for the microwave or hot water bottle.
- Do not directly put ice on the injury but put the ice in a towel and place it on your skin.
- Improve the way you sit. Your posture can play a big role in shoulder injuries.
- Change your position frequently
- Keep using the arm to avoid frozen shoulder.
- Sleep on your good shoulder at night.
- Put pillows under the sore shoulder to act as a buffer for the pain.
In order to heal your sore shoulder, like mine, doing exercises is a must. You can hop online to find several exercises that work to help rebuild the strength in your shoulder.