I love holiday recipes, especially if it involves chocolate. Move over, I’m gonna eat your hand if you try to snatch away my sweet treats. One of my favorite recipes is for brownies. I love variations of this recipe. This one comes from Yummly and The Comfort of Cooking. Enjoy!
Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies
A delicious peppermint tasting brownie to make your mouth water and keep your holiday guests happy!
- 1/2 cups butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 peppermint candy canes (crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Gently stir in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 28-30 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.