As kids, we are told to watch the treats we eat. As adults we ignore sound advice and often indulge in sweets, snacks and foods we know are not good for us but enjoy. These foods, along with illness can cause severe upsets to our stomach. Nauzene is a product that relieves upset stomachs and nausea from overindulgence in food and drink.
1. Drink plenty of water before you eat to avoid an upset tummy.
2. Avoid rich foods like cheesecake, heavy desserts, sauces with pasta or dough late in evening.
3. Don’t smoke as smoking increases upset indigestion.
4. Avoid swallowing gulps of air, this makes an upset stomach worse to deal with.
5. Eat smaller meals to avoid heavy overload of foods in your digestive system.
6. Avoid dairy at all costs, this includes having cereal, milk, ice cream, yogurt, cheese.
7. Stay away from soda. If your tummy is already feeling full and upset, soda increases that feeling and causes burping which makes your upset tummy worse.
8. You can have carbonated drinks like Gingerale, but make sure you stir the bubbles out to avoid more flatulence.
9. Avoid gassy vegetables such as: cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cucumbers, sauerkraut, kohlrabi, asparagus, potatoes, rutabaga, turnips, radishes, and onions.
10. Exercise regularly to keep things moving right.
When your tummy is upset you can take over the counter aids to help you like Nauzene which is great to help relieve upset stomachs and nausea. Nauzene has no aspirin, salicylates or dimenhydrinate and won’t make you drowsy either, so you can stay awake and be with the kids, unlike other “pink” remedies Nauzene also won’t leave a sour taste in your mouth.
11. Avoid fruits high in acid and fruit juices like apple juice, orange juice and tomato juice, yes tomatoes are technically a fruit. Plus prunes, apricots, and raisins.
12. Spices should stay in the cupboard. When you have an upset tummy spices can make things worse, so dial down the chili powder, in fact avoid the chili altogether.
13. No drinking alcohol. Wine and beer and other adult beverages have chemicals that are hard to metabolize that irritate the stomach lining, so it’s best to just avoid them when your tummy is upset.
14. Legumes, especially dried beans and peas, baked beans, soy beans, lima beans. You know that saying “Beans beans the more you eat the more you…” well you get the idea.
15. Don’t overeat. Sometimes our eyes are bigger than our stomachs. If you don’t feel full, grab a glass of water and then decide before you head back for seconds.
Kids love the Brat Diet when tummy’s are upset. B = Bananas R = Rice A = Applesauce T = Toast which is the perfect combo for upset stomach’s.
16. Drink Chamomile tea to help soothe an aching tummy.
17. Get plenty of rest. Silly right? Nope, resting helps your body fight off anything that’s infecting it, including an upset stomach. The more rest you get the better.
18. Vomit. I know it sounds strange, but sometimes that’s what you just need to do to purge the bad food or grease sitting in the bottom of your tummy. So don’t hold back, get rid of it.
19. Use a hot water bottle or hot compress to help with aches and cramps.
20. Have a bowl of soup. Soup can help you stay hydrated and ease a tummy because it’s super easy on the stomach. If you have high blood pressure, avoid soups with high salt content in them.
21. Crackers can be your best friend when your tummy is upset. So eat some.
22. Drink some coconut water because it has natural sugar in it, vitamin C and has electrolytes you need.
23. Take a warm bath to sooth your aching tummy. It can help but don’t make it too hot as it can increase nausea.
24. Stay away from fast food as it contains high concentrations of grease. Grease is never good for upset stomach’s.
25. Keep medications like Nauzene close by in your night table drawer. Pick up the chewable tablets so you don’t need water to take them and you’ll instantly feel better!