One of my favorite cookies growing up as a kid was Peanut Butter cookies. My mom made the very best ones. I remember her rolling the dough into balls, sprinkling it in sugar, using a fork to press the balls down onto the cookie sheet. Ohhhhh, the smell that came from the oven when baking was heavenly.
Kellogg's Peanut Butter Cookies
Yummy cookie recipe from Kellogg’s
- 500 ml or 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 ml or 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ml or 1/2 tsp salt
- 750 ml or 3 cups All-Bran Flakes* cereal
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup soft butter or margarine
- 375 ml or 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 egg whites (or 2 eggs)
- 5 ml or 1 tsp vanilla
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Crush cereal to 375 mL (1 1/2 cups). Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, with electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until combined. Stir in cereal.
- Drop by tablespoon about 5 cm (2 inches) apart onto baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for about 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove immediately to wire racks and cool completely. Store in airtight container.