A good chocolate nut treat recipe is hard to find, especially one that will keep the boys happy in our home. Growing boys get tired of eating the same thing but not tired of eating. That’s evident when you look at my empty pantry on a weekly basis.
So, I’m always on the lookout for sweet treats that have a healthier side to them. At Kellogg’s Canada, I found a whole bunch of recipes that are easy enough to make and ones that I know the boys will love.
Let’s get baking this ooey gooey chocolate nut treat recipe!
Kelloggs Chocolate Nut Treat Recipe
A nutty chocolatey treat everyone can enjoy!
- 1 tbsp margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup or liquid honey
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
– In saucepan, heat corn syrup, margarine, brown sugar, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. Remove from heat; stir in nuts and cereal.
– Using lightly buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9″) pan.
1. In a small saucepan, gently heat peanut butter and chocolate chips. When melted, blend and spread over base. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can make these super easy for any occasion. Alter the recipe however you wish to make it for the ones you love. Trust me these won’t last long in your house!