With the holidays in full swing in our house, baking is always on the list as are leftovers for some reason. Maybe we eat less in the winter, I don’t know. I just know my fridge needed some re-organizing to handle leftover suppers, especially if I was going to dive into making cookies and holiday treats.
Nothing brings family and friends together like delicious meals and baked goods, and in our house, we always turn to Glad for our every protective product uses. Everything from clingwrap to freezer bags and reusable containers. Well, this year Glad has introduced limited edition holiday-themed products to help organize and keep fresh the foods you love.
I love these festive containers from Glad. Only here for a short time, I’ve been grabbing them whenever I see them. Walmart was sold out for almost a week before I could get my hands on some. They are perfect for storing what the kids not only don’t eat but things such as fresh veggies, salad, cheese, and meat. There are different themes for each Glad container. Falling flurries. Happy Snowmen. Christmas Holiday Mits. Snowflakes and more. Containers and products from Glad you find with the holiday scenery include
- Glad® Press’n Seal® Limited Edition food wrap
- Glad® Freezer Zipper Bags Large and Medium
- Glad® Deep Dish and Glad® Tall Entrée containers.
So you have a variety of choices for you to pick up and use. They truly are Sanity Savers!
Great Holiday Ideas Using Glad Holiday Themed Products
Glad reusable containers and packaging can be used in a variety of ways not just for storing your foods but to give as a gift, use at a party and many more ideas. Here are just a few of ours:
- Give a holiday-themed Glad container as a gift with your favorite baked goods inside.
- Ditch those ugly chocolate boxes and put those chocolates in a reusable container.
- Place a Glad holiday container on the table with mints, chocolates or sweet treats for your guests to enjoy.
- Package small gifts with a holiday-themed container such as a scarf, gloves, lip balm, make-up, razors.
The best thing to use Glad holiday-themed containers and products for is actually baking something scrumptious and yummy. Take these Reindeer Cupcakes for instance. Trace and I love making them together and they are super easy – trust me I’m no baker.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ Cake Mix (any flavour)
- water (vegetable oil, eggs, called for on cake mix box)
- 1 tub Betty Crocker™ Creamy Deluxe™ Chocolate Frosting
- 48 mini pretzel twists
- 48 miniature marshmallows
- 24 small round cookies (vanilla wafers)
- 24 round red gumdrops or candies
- 2 pkgs GLAD® Holiday Entrée Containers
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C) for shiny pans or 325°F (160°C) for dark or nonstick pans.
- 2. Make and cool cake as directed on box for 24 cupcakes.
- • Frost each cupcake with Betty Crocker™ frosting.
- • Place pretzels on cupcake for reindeer antlers.
- • Press miniature marshmallows into flat circles; place on cupcake and put a small dot of chocolate frosting on each for the eyes.
- • For the nose, stick the round red candy onto the wafer using a bit of frosting and place on cupcake.
- Place the reindeer gently into a Glad ® Holiday Entrée container. Make sure the antlers are pressed down enough into the cupcakes so the lid will close. Now your delicious treats are ready to share. Decorate the top with a bow and a tag and you have an instant, hand-crafted gift!
You can pick up your Glad holiday themed products at your local Walmart, Superstore, Loblaws, Shopper’s Drug Mart or grocery store for a limited time only. So hurry before they are gone!