There’s nothing like cheese, bacon and veggies to get the pallet drooling, especially in my household. So when I came across recipe online, shared from a friend. Of course, I had to share it with you all. I’ll be making this on payday except I’m going to substitute the cauliflower for broccoli, as my kids just love that. You could do it with mash or even eggs as a breakfast I think. Super cool and yummy!
Creamy Cauliflower Cheddar and Bacon
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (1 L)
- use 2/3 cup (150 mL grated sharp Cheddar)
- 2/3 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese (150 mL)
- 4 slices cooked bacon (chopped)
- 2 tbsp chopped (fresh parsley (30 mL))
- In pot boiling water, cook cauliflower until tender, or steam the cauliflower. Drain cauliflower well. On chopping board, chop cauliflower into smaller pieces.
- In large bowl, combine cauliflower and Cheese Sauce (see ingredient listing). Place cauliflower in 2-qt (2 L) shallow casserole dish.
- Topping: In small bowl combine 2/3 cup (150 mL) grated Cheddar cheese, bacon and parsley. Sprinkle over the top of the cauliflower.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until slightly browned and bubbly. You could put the casserole under the broiler for 2 minutes to brown the cauliflower a little more.
12.6 g protein
20.4 g fat
1.3 g fiber
3.6 g net carbs
This recipe was brought to you by http://low-carb-news.blogspot.ca/. All images are credited the author of the recipe. We thank them for this yummy goodness!