My favorite thing Christmas morning is making breakfast. As a kid growing up, I couldn’t wait for my dad to crack out the bacon and eggs. Yum! I’m an adult now and even though dad isn’t at my house to make me breakfast, I still consider it a tradition. That’s why I make a Christmas Breakfast Casserole that even the kids will love.
The Breakfast Casserole is so easy to make and so yummy you will want to eat it every day of the week. It’s super cheesy and there are always lots of leftovers. You can add your own ingredients to it or take away things you don’t like. Either way, this family breakfast is one I’m sure that will become a tradition in your home as it is in ours.
A delicious and yummy holiday tradition. This Christmas breakfast is super cheesy and something the whole family can enjoy!
- 2 bags of frozen tater tots
- 2 bags of shredded cheese
- 2 lbs ground beef
- onion powder
- 2 eggs
- bacon bits
- brown hamburger and strain the grease
- add hamburger to the bottom of a casserole dish
- top the hamburger with 1 pack of shredded cheese
- whip up 2 eggs with a little milk (not too much milk) pour it over top of the hamburger and cheese
- take frozen tater tots and line them up across the dish side by side until the entire dish is covered
- Bake the dish at 425 degrees for 45 minutes or until tater tots are golden brown
- Take it out of the oven and open the second bag cheese and sprinkle the entire bag on top of the tater tots along with the bacon bits mixed in.
- Put it back in the over and bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
You can replace ground beef with ground turkey, chicken, breakfast sausage or whatever type of meat you want. You can add vegetables, green peppers or red ones, whatever you like.
Line the casserole dish with parchment paper so the ground beef doesn’t burn to the bottom of the dish.