I partnered with VH Sauce to bring you this post & recipe. All opinions are 100% my own.
I can’t believe that August is already here and summer is coming to an end. The weather over the past three weeks has been absolutely incredible!
We’ve enjoyed getting our front yard done. My garden is blooming with flowers. The kids are having a blast playing outside in the sprinkler while trying to cool off from the heat which always makes them hungry.
One thing that is great about the summer is that it means we get to cook outside. My friends at VH sent me a summer thank-you BBQ kit. I was like a kid at Christmas, opening my kit to find a whole bunch of goodies for both hubby and me to enjoy. My summer pack included:
- VH Korean BBQ Sauce
- BBQ Cooking Set (including spears, tongs and more)
- Personalized Handbag
- Grilling Wok
- Gift Card for Sobey’s
The boys were starving after their day in the sun. So hubby broke out the steaks. He couldn’t wait to try out the Wok. He had never used one on the BBQ before but always wanted to.
We made a great BBQ Stir Fry with the Korean BBQ Sauce, adding in mixed California veggies which both my boys love! Dinner was such a huge success, and the boys loved the VH BBQ Sauce. So much so they asked if we could make something with it again.
I immediately went to the VH website because they have the most amazing recipes on their website, geared specifically for their sauces and I looked for one. It didn’t take me long before I found what I wanted. I had to tweak it a little but that’s okay.
VH Korean BBQ Short Ribs
- 1/2 cup 125 mL green onions, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup 80 mL lime juice
- 1/4 cup 60 mL VH® Soya Sauce
- 1 bottle (355 mL VH® Korean BBQ Sauce)
- 2 1/2 lb 1.1 kg Korean style beef short ribs
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- VH® Korean BBQ Sauce and ribs in a large sealable plastic freezer bag. Seal and massage the marinade into the beef to cover completely.
- Marinate beef in refrigerator for at least 8 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Spray grill with PAM® Grilling Spray and heat to high.
- Remove ribs from bag and discard marinade.
- Place ribs on the grill and cook for 3 minutes and until beef is seared with grill marks.
- Turn meat over and continue to grill on the second side while basting generously with remaining sauce, another 3 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
If you could choose between steak or ribs which would it be?
(Photos by VH Sauce Canada)