When I was a kid growing up, eating lunch was a “no-brainer” Mom always made peanut butter and jelly or ham and cheese sandwiches, but no matter what she made us, there was always someone trading something.
Well not that much has changed over the years. With my six-year old, there isn’t a day that goes by were lunches are an issue in our house. So when Snack Pack asked me to be a part of their “No Tradesies” Blog Tour, of course I was immediately excited. My goal, to make some fantastic lunches that my son will eat at school and no bring home.
Snack Pack sent me this great lunch pack of goodies, and I immediately went to work to created a great lunch for my son for his first day back to school after the Christmas holiday.
Using the puzzle cutters, I made him puzzle pieces (made of ham and cheese) which he instantly thought was fantastic and couldn’t wait to show his friends. I threw in a small bag of baby carrots, one of his favorites, a snack pack vanilla pudding which he loves and some fruit snacks, plus an apple juice.
My son couldn’t wait to take his new lunch bag with his great lunch – made with love of course to school to show his friends. So I think I did a good job! Don’t you?
Snack Pack sent me some fantastic tips on how make kids lunches more appealing so there is no need to “trade” but simply “eat” You might like some of these tips.
- Have a hard getting your kids to eat fruit? Add in a Snack Pack to the mix to turn fruit into a tasty, dip-able treat. There’s nothing like Strawberries and chocolate – YUM!
- Use cookie-cutters to make animal shapes or puzzle pieces like I did above to help keep sandwiches fresh and exciting to eat.
- Set aside special napkins and utensils for kids to use, add a straw for their juice or milk. Letting kids pick and choose their own patterns and colors. This helps kids take pride in their lunches.
About Snack Pack:
- Snack Pack pudding is made with skim milk
- Snack Pack Juicy Gels are made with real fruit juice
- All Snack Pack puddings have no preservatives or trans-fats
- Snack Pack is spoonable, snackable and portably delicious
- Come in a variety of flavors including: (Chocolate, Chocolate Fudge, Vanilla, Butterscotch, Tapioca).
- Snack pack comes in family packs as well with a combination of flavors (Chocolate/Butterscotch, Fat-Free Chocolate/Vanilla, Chocolate/Vanilla and Chocolate Lovers (both normal chocolate and fudge)
- Snack pack also has dessert flavors for your fancy: (Ice Cream Sandwich, Lemon Meringue Pie, Banana Cream Pie, Chocolate Caramel and Toffee Caramel)
Be Sure to check out Snack Pack’s Fan Page to get all the latest tips and updated info!
How would you like to win a pack like the one I received? Fill out the form below for your chance to win. Be sure to complete the mandatory entry or you will be disqualified. Giveaway is open to Canadian residents only!
“Disclosure – I am participating in the Snack Pack “No Tradesies” blog tour by enCompass Media on behalf of Con Agra Foods. I received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion.”