Granite is the number one selling feature to any home, and for good reason. It is gorgeous to look at, durable, elegant, comes in a variety of patterns and colors and has amazing investment potential for any home buyer or homeowner. But using the right product to help care for your granite is just as important.
Granite Gold is a family company whose history and expertise in stone care spans three generations in importing, manufacturing, installation and restoration. Granite Gold safely and easily cleans, protects and enhances all natural stone surfaces. It’s a safe alternative to using typical household cleaners found in grocery stores which can damage and lead to costly repairs.
Why Granite Gold Works!
Using the right product on your granite can help you save money. The last thing you want is for your granite to lose its durability, shine and luster. Granite Gold is the perfect solution. It’s not only safe for your home, but for your family & the environment.
[mks_pullquote align=”center” width=”600″ size=”24″ bg_color=”#81d742″ txt_color=”#000000″]
- Environmentally Friendly
3 Essential Steps Every Homeowner Should Know To Caring For Granite and Stone: Clean, Seal & Polish!
Many homeowners wonder how often they should seal their stone. You can never over-seal and should test your seal often. Here’s how:
- Pour water (3 inches in diameter) on surface
- Let it sit 30 minutes
- Do this in several locations
- If the water beads the stone is sealed
- Look for a dark mark or ring created by water, it’s time to reseal
- Check for etching and stains before sealing to fix these issues.
If you discover your stone has etching, seek out a professional restoration specialist that has the proper tools and training. Your stone is worth it! Here is some information on how to remove most stubborn stains from your stone.
Tips for Caring for Your Granite & Stone Surfaces
Like any product you purchase to install in your home you want that product to last a lifetime. So care and maintenance are important. Here are some quick tips on how to care for your stone and granite surfaces.
- Never use ordinary, everyday household cleaners on granite or natural stone surfaces. It can lead to damage and costly repairs or replacement.
- Sealing your granite countertops and all other natural stone maintains maximum surface protection so check your seals often
- Use doormats and keep them clean to minimize dirt and micro particles from wearing into your stone floors.
- If you vacuum frequently makes sure your attachments will not scratch your stone surfaces or floors.
- Avoid dragging objects across your stone floors, use protective pads instead under furniture and chairs.
- Mop weekly to avoid abrasive particles from building up on your stone floors.
- Proper care of your granite countertops is essential daily or as-needed to reduce dirt, oil penetration and water spotting.
- Polish your granite countertops and other stone surfaces such as shower walls and floors to enhance the color and sheen adds protection to help prevent etching, water spotting and soap scum build-up.
Our friends and experts at Granite Gold want to give you (our readers) a chance to help maintain and take care of your granite and stone by offering two winners a Granite Gold Prize Pack that includes: Granite Gold Daily Cleaner®, Granite Gold Sealer®, Granite Gold Polish® – This giveaway is open for CANADIAN readers only!