With the kids back in school, one thing I make sure to promote is clean hands. So this year we are participating in Global Handwashing Day with Dial on October 15th.
Kids are sponges for germs especially touching everything on their desks, water fountains, you name it and the germs come home.
Dial is a brand that cares about clean hands and I love their fruity scents for kids.
I know you’re thinking … What? We need a Global Hand Washing Day? Actually we do. You’d be amazed at how many people still don’t wash their hands properly or use the right products to wash their hands. That’s why it’s cool this annual global advocacy day is dedicated to increasing the awareness and understanding about the importance of hand washing with soap. It’s effective, easy and affordable to keep the spread of germs at bay. And I don’t know about you but I hate getting sick.
Tips for Proper Hand Washing.
- Remove any hand or arm jewellery to keep it safe. Then wet your hands with warm water.
- Add soap and rub your hands together, lathering the soap in your hands and keep it lathered on your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash the front and back of your hands as well as between your fingers.
- Then rinse your hands with warm water running making sure you remove all forms of soap.
- Wipe and dry your hands gently with a paper towel or clean towel.
- Turn off the tap using a paper towel so you don’t recontaminate your hands. (I never thought to do this doh!)
- If in a public washing use the same paper towel to open the door when you leave the bathroom. You’d be amazed at how many germs of different types spread so quickly on door handles and taps.
We may think it’s no big deal, washing our hands. But it is. It prevents the spread of not just germs but disease. With all these bugs cropping up and mutating, making us sicker. Hand Washing is one of the most important factors of life. And hand washing with soap works by removing the bacteria and viruses from our hands before they get a chance to cause infections and spread to our kids, families, friends and other people.
Fun For Kids with Dial® Kids Foaming Hand Wash
Dial features bright and colorful hand washing soaps for kids with a fruity scents, non-irritated and perfect for all ages. It’s a foam soap which kids love to play with and comes in tropical scents like Mango Twist. For adults, there is Dial® Miracle Oil TM with Marula Oil liquid hand soap leaves skin feeling healthy and moisturized. Plus Dial®Omega Moisture Foaming Hand Wash boasts a moisture rich, clean rinsing formula.