As part of the #FinishRevolution blogger team, the group of us were offered to attend an information webinar to showcase all that Finish can do and some tips and tricks on using your dishwasher.
I could not attend the webinar, but guess what? I’m still going to share with the information I learned afterwards to help you get the most out of using Finish and your dishwasher to keep your dishes clean!
Here are some things I didn’t know about dishwashers
- pots and pans can go in the dishwasher, along stainless steel water bottles. A great thing if you are a hockey mom and hate washing those out with a bottle brush which takes forever.
- dishwashers need hot water, at least (120*) degrees to function properly. Good thing we got a new hot water tank this past year.
- clustering or nesting dishes in the dishwasher prevents the water from circulating properly and gives poor cleaning performance.
- pre-rinsing is not required if you use #Finish products. Good dishwasher detergent will get the job done!
- storing your dishwashing detergent under the sink is the worst place to keep it, activating the detergent before it is used in the dishwasher. I always put mine under the sink. Not anymore!
How to Load your Dishwasher Properly
Now if you are like me, you think you know how to load your dishwasher properly. I know I did. But I learned a few things and realized I was actually doing quite a bit wrong to affect the cleaning performance and wasn’t maximizing or getting the most out of dishwasher for clean dishes.
- make sure you scrape large particles of food, bones, seeds, toothpicks and other hard soils before placing dishes in the racks.
- larger and dirtier items are best on the bottom rack to prevent taking up the entire power of the sprayer.
- cups and other smaller items, plastic bowls should be placed up top.
- cutlery should be put in handle down, except for knives. They should be placed face down to prevent you from cutting yourself. Put spoons, forks and knives together to prevent them from sticking to each other.
- extremely soiled dishes place toward the center so they get the full effect of the sprayer to blast them clean.
- Use Finish Dishwasher Cleaner once a month to eliminate limescale thereby avoiding blocked spray arms which will reduce your machine’s performance. Remember: a cleaner dishwasher means cleaner dishes!
We have a had a blast being part of this great campaign. We love #Finish and are grateful to have been a part of the #FinishRevolution. If you truly want clean dishes without the hassle, try Finish products, and use Jet Dry to help keep your dishes sparkling clean.
“Disclosure: I am part of the Finish Blogger Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog, as always, are my own.”