It’s time to pull out the marshmallows and bounce into spring with Kellogg’s treats. We’ve had two great days of sunshine here in the Valley. It was so nice. I literally stood outside in my shorts and tank dreaming of more warmer weather to come. It’s been nothing but Rain Rain Rain.
Everyone knows that April showers bring May flowers, and some are already on the rise. I cannot wait to plant and see some color this year off my balcony. It’s amazing how wonderful weather can improve people’s moods. There is an actual bounce to my step as we get ready for spring to come.
With Easter coming this weekend, I was looking for some fabulous treats to make for the boys. Something healthy but sweet to snack on. Lord knows, they love to snack on about anything. Kellogg’s always has great recipes for parents like this hidden Easter egg surprise. How different and cool!
Yummy treats are the very best. Rice Krispies creations are so easy to make. Plus, they are super fun if you involve the kiddos. Kids can choose to make Easter Egg Treats, Lemon Drop Cookie Umbrellas, and when the basket is empty they can even eat the basket with this Rice Krispies Treats Easter Basket. Kids will go hog wild this year making their own Emoji Bunny!
Emoji Bunny Recipe
- 60 mL or 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 250 g or 1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows or 5 cups miniature
- 2 mL or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1.5 L or 6 cups Rice Krispies* Spring Edition cereal
- Miniature marshmallows
- Frosting for decoration
- REGULAR METHOD
- 1. In a large microwave safe bowl, heat margarine and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- 2. Stir in KELLOGG’S* RICE KRISPIES* Spring Edition cereal until well coated.
- 3. Using lightly buttered spatula, press into buttered 3.5 L (13 x 9") pan.
- 4. To make 18 cm high bunny, shape 3 ½ cups of mixture for head and 2 cups of mixture for the ears.
- 5. Join head and ears with toothpicks to create a bunny.
- 6. Create eyes, nose and buttons with miniature marshmallows and gumdrop halves.
- 7. Use icing to decorate with a smile
- STOVE TOP METHOD
- Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
- In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using KELLOGG’S* products. Results with other products may vary.
Bounce into Spring with a Kellogg’s prize package so you can make some yummy treats. Giveaway closes April 23rd, 2017 midnight PST. Must be Canadian to enter 18+ and must complete the MANDATORY entry on the Giveaway Tools form. Extra entries are up for grabs so I suggest using them. They give you more chances to win this prize!