If you ask my boys what their favorite food mom makes is — the answer is always the same. The boys love lasagna! I don’t blame them. Oooey gooey cheese, mixed with layers of incredible pasta between ground beef spiced just right and even some veggies. Sounds delicious doesn’t it
Now there are a variety of ways to make a good lasagna and although many people think it’s the sauce that counts which is partially true. The best lasagna is made with the best pasta. We use Barilla pasta for our dishes, and right now Barilla is celebrating the love of families and sitting down to enjoy a meal together #ShareTheTable and share families stories, fun and reconnecting with one another.
- 3lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2 boxes of Barilla no boil oven ready noodles
- 3 jars of Paul Newman Sauce (pasta sauce from Costco) or sauce of your choice
- 1 block (medium) cheddar or mozza or both. I use both
- 1 glass dish or lasagna pan
- tin foil
- hungry guests
- Brown lean ground beef and onion in a skillet or frying pan
- Drain grease - tip use hot water and strainer to rinse beef
- Grate Cheese
- Grab your lasagna pan or glass dish
- Sauce goes on bottom
- Then noodles
- Then sauce
- Then cheese
- Then as follows noodles sauce cheese, noodles sauce cheese until height of your dish is level
- Place in oven at 375 degrees for 1hr
- Tip: If you find your cheese starting to burn on top, cover with tin foil, uncover for the last 10 min of baking.
- Tip: You can replace the ground beef with chicken or whatever type of meat you wish or make a veggie lasagna the same way.
Barilla Canada has some fantastic ideas for sharing with your family and making meal time more important, such as Theme Nights. I love this idea like Fiesta night. I have older kids but parents can do this, make pasta dishes for that theme, cut out pictures, get info from books, or like me with older kids have each child bring one fun fact about that dish or the country it comes from to the table to talk about. This is a great way to make meal time more fun!